The Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency (PEMA) has recently launched their new ReadyPA app, available for both Android and Apple users, just in time for National Preparedness Month.
This free app provides users with easy-to-follow instructions that can help individuals, families, communities, and businesses prepare and respond effectively in the event of an emergency.
Features available in the app include:
- Real-time emergency alerts
- Customized communications plans
- Guides for different types of disaster
- Preparedness checklists for a multitude of situations
- An “I’m safe” message to send via text, e-mail and social networks to loved ones
- PEMA updates and news
- National weather forecasts
- Useful emergency contacts and resources
To download the ReadyPA app on your mobile device visit
Also, check out www.ReadyPA.org for preparedness information and tips.